Our Management Team
East Coast Designer Builders Pty Ltd has an experience team of managers that has built the company's strong reputation in the construction industry.
Director – Steven Drabsch
Steven is the director, owner, operator and manager of the company. He has built his reputation on his hands-on approach and personal involvement to each and every project.
Steven is a commercial/industrial builder with an excellent record in the construction industry. He is a Open Licensed Builder in his own right and has been building in North Queensland for more than 25 years.
Workplace Health & Safety Adviser – Richard Unwin
Richard has many years experience of Workplace Health & Safety Advisory in the construction industry.
Richards roles include assisting the company to meet their obligations under the Workplace Health and Safety Act 1995 and advising the supervisor and director on health and safety issues, implementing workplace health and safety related initiatives, raising awareness of health and safety, performing workplace inspections and helping with the functioning of the health and safety committee.
In the construction industry, Workplace Health & Safety training and compliance requirements are constantly changing, and Richard ensures that all employees are up to date with their necessary qualifications.
Richard reviews training opportunities, programs and workshops and identifies legal requirements and advises on the health and safety requirements for each project.
Contact Richard Unwin-
Administration Manager – Lucy Rochester
Lucy has been a part of East Coast Designer Builders for more than three years providing administrative management for all day-to-day operations.
Lucy is responsible for complete and accurate accounts of the financial transactions for the company as a whole, as well as various administrative responsibilities, as requested by management.
Contact Lucy Rochester-
Site Supervisor – Ewan Gallop
Ewan has 25 years experience in the construction in industry in Cairns and North Queensland.
His on site construction experience includes, construction, site developments, earthworks, demolition and environmental management.
Ewan’s supervisory experience is in directing and controlling all phases of site activities associated with construction activities including domestic, industrial, and commercial projects.
Ewan’s General site experience includes overall responsibility for management, administration and supervision of the project, subcontract teams, environmental, health & safety, document control, CQA/QC
His roles include
- Coordinating the various trades of work, evaluating means and methods of construction.
- Provide direction required to accomplish the project schedule.
- Representing the company/project in progress meeting with client, engineers, subcontractors.
- Coordinate and manage all site activities of site staff, sub contractors, trades and suppliers
- Communicate to all site staff, sub contractors, trades and suppliers site activities and ensure timely response to program requirements
- Participate in client meetings as required
- Ensure that measuring and testing equipment required for the work area is properly identified, calibrated, adjusted and labeled
- Ensure that plant and equipment is maintained in a safe condition and is regularly serviced
- Conduct in-coming, in-process and final inspection and testing for on-site activities in accordance with Inspection and Test Plans and Checklists, Safe Work Method
Statements and recording results.
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with current codes, standards, operation and maintenance manuals, specifications, drawings, etc.
- Ensure that all processes are carried out by qualified tradesmen in accordance with approved procedures; Work Cover and Safe Work Method Statements
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the Project Environmental Plan.
- Ensure that employees are inducted and are sufficiently trained and experienced to carry out their work.
- Implement Health and Safety on site by complying with relevant OHS&R Legislation,
- Regulations, Standards and Codes, Company Procedures and Special Site Requirements
- Monitor the implementation of the site safety plan, including method statements relating to specific OH&S hazards and take action, in accordance with system
procedures, to correct breaches.
- Ensure all site visitors are aware of safety provisions prior to entering the construction site
- Review and process site specific documentation. Administer and enforce safe work plans and policies.
- Conduct periodic inspections to verify that work areas, methods, materials, plant and equipment comply with policy and general safety requirements
- Ensure that good housekeeping standards are maintained
- Maintain a log of all construction activities. Prepare project close out reports.